Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nor refutes MQA’s claim that it does not know her identity

Dear Readers

I refute MQA’s claim in theSun at page 6 being reported on Tuesday April 21 2009 that it does not know my identity in an article “Probe into lecturer’s ’sympathy marks’ case”. I complained about Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia’s (USIM) unethical practice forcing me to manipulate marks to Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif of Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) Dato’ Dr. Syed Ahmad Hussein on the 10th of June 2008 (10/6/2008). Dato’ Dr. Syed Ahmad Hussein called me and informed me that MQA can only investigate allegedly “unethical Public Universities” in January 2009.

This year, I sent an email to Ketua Pengarah Biro Pengaduan Awam Dr Tam Weng Wah regarding USIM’s unethical practice forcing me to manipulate marks whereby I explained to him that I gave extra classes to the students after they performed badly in the mid semester exam. Then Dr Tam forwarded my email to En Mohd Asri bin Mohamad (mohdasri@bpa.jpm.my) on Wednesday March 4 2009 at 7:55:39pm which states the following:
“KPP (A4), Disertakan maklumat tambahan untuk tindakan susulan. Sekian, terima kasih. KP” This email by Dr Tam was being cced (cc) to the aforementioned Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif MQA, Dato’ Dr. Syed Ahmad Hussein at syedahmad@mqa.gov.my.

Then on Thursday March 5 2009 at 1:01:05 PM En Mohd Asri bin Mohamad (mohdasri@bpa.jpm.my) sent an email to the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) which reads the following:
“Tuan, Dikemukakan bersama-sama ini email aduan daripada pengadu untuk mendapat makluman dan tindakan pihak tuan jua. Dipohon maklum balas daripada pihak tuan dikemukakan terus kepada pengadu dan sesalinan dipanjangkan kepada BPA untuk tujuan rekod.Di atas kerjasama dan tindakan segera di pihak tuan amatlah dihargai. Sekian, terima kasih.” This email by En Mohd Asri bin Mohamad was also being cced (cc) to the aforementioned Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif MQA, Dato’ Dr. Syed Ahmad Hussein at syedahmad@mqa.gov.my.

Based on the abovementioned explanation, I hereby rebut MQA’s spokesman Muhammad Muammar Gaddafi’s claim in theSun which reads “..we do not know who the teacher is”.

Please be informed. Thank You.

Sincerely,
Nor